65A Flagship Drive
North Andover, MA

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

The “Automatic Stay” is effective the moment we file your case. All collection actions must stop – no more phone calls, no more collection letters, no more court appearances, and most importantly,

We can strip (remove, get rid of) a second mortgage, if the value of the house is less than the balance due on the first mortgage.

Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be the right solution to stop a foreclosure if you want to keep your house. Of course, you’ll need to catch up on the back payments that you’ve missed, but we can give you anywhere from 3 to 5 years to do so, INTEREST FREE!

Chapter 13 bankruptcy is also an option for debtors who are ineligible to file a Chapter 7 based on the “means test.” Filing for bankruptcy under Chapter 13 may allow you to get back on track by reorganizing your debts into one affordable monthly payment.

Chapter 13 does NOT require you to pay all of your general unsecured debts in full. You pay what you can afford every month, INTEREST FREE!

When you successfully complete your Chapter 13 repayment plan, the Court will discharge the remainder of your general unsecured debts. For example, if you pay 10 cents on the dollar (10% of the debt) to your unsecured creditors (credit cards, medical bills, etc.) the other 90% is eliminated through what is known as a “discharge” issued by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
Disclaimer: We are a debt relief agency. We help people file bankruptcy under the US Bankruptcy Code. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site is not legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by the use of this site. The law office of Kitaeff & Associates P.C. handles personal bankruptcy, consumer bankruptcy, small business bankruptcy, Chapter 7, Chapter 13 (reorganization), and Chapter 11 (reorganization) repayment plans and financial solutions for clients throughout Massachusetts.
go to top